Terms of Service
Is there a minimum age set in order to use your service?
Yes, you must be at least 13 years of age to use any of our services in accordance with COPPA.
What are you not allowed to do on Open Backdoor?
- Anything that is unlawful under United States law
- Hate speech, racism, anything that is negative towards a person to offend or demean
- Attacks against a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or an individual
- Harassment, annoying people or the network as a whole
- We don’t allow /AMSG’s or /AME’s to be executed on the network. This is completely un-necessary. You will be asked to turn off your away scripts that state you’re away in every channel you are connected in. We recommend you use the /away command instead!
- Attempting to bypass or evade an ignore, network ban, channel ban, shun, or any other restriction set in place against you or somebody else. This also includes facilitating a user that has such a restriction, such as providing a relay bot
- Flooding of any type, whether it be PM’s to a large group of users, message floods, part-join floods, CTCP floods, etc
- Create a hostile environment
- Communicate to a minor (17 and below) in any sexual way
- Share personal information of any kind, whether about you or somebody else. This includes requesting personal information from an individual
- Intimidate somebody
- Spam and Advertising
- Spam bots, drones, malicious scripts, botnets such as Kaiten
- Distribution of malware or viruses
- Asking for operator status
- Connecting using TOR, public proxies, public VPN, hacked machines, or any other anonymizer
- A bot or scripted response client joins a channel without a channel operator’s approval
- Log channels for 3rd parties without channel owner approval
- Send any copyrighted/pirated material
- Discussion of hacking, cracking, scanning
- Attempt to hack into any of our servers or services
- Denial of Service attacks, muhstik floods, clones
- Breach channel rules on several occasions
- Asking staff to interfere with channel affairs
- Kick or ban any GTAXLnet staff member, or treat them with disrespect
What are you supposed to do on Open Backdoor?
- Follow network-wide Terms of Service
- Obey channel rules set forth in each channel
- Create a family-friendly environment
- Respect users
- Be mature
- Report any abuse to keep the network a safe place
- Enjoy our service!
What are you allowed to do on Open Backdoor?
- PM without permission
- Bots (mIRC, eggdrop. etc.) are allowed as long as they’re friendly
- 12 connections per IP
- BNC’s are allowed
- PScan scans your IP address when you connect to Open Backdoor (on IRC). The scan will initiate from 220.127.116.11 (excession.server.gtaxl.net) and will appear as a TCP port scan or SYN flood.
- Any IP address that communicates with any of our infrastructure including website visits, may be subject to a full TCP and or UDP port scan at any time from any of our networks for security reasons.
- Given the nature of IRC, it is impossible for staff to guarantee following of the rules in every channel or private message on GTAXLnet. Abuse should be reported to #GTAXLnet. We are not responsible for users who violate the rules, nor are we responsible for any harm done to any entity or item by such action.
- Most clients log channels, so be alert that what you say may end up in a text file on the device of some of the users in that channel.
- Open Backdoor is not responsible for any content you may transmit or recieve on our infrastructure.
- Open Backdoor staff have the last word. If we feel something is inappropriate or harmful, we will alert you about it. We reserve the right to ban you from our network if appropriate.
- These terms of service give you a BRIEF overlook on what is not allowed, but is not limited to. Use common sense!
- We reserve the right to change the policies at anytime without notice.
Open Backdoor cares about your privacy when using our network and websites. The list below displays information that may be collected at anytime from Open Backdoor staff.
- IPv4 and or IPv6 address
- PTR record/hostname
- Internet Service Provider
- Nickname, ident, real name from IRC information
- City and State
- Client version
- Website requests on ALL Open Backdoor hosted websites
- E-mail address
- View channel names and topics, including secret and private channels
- View all channels you are in
- View messages that were triggered by the spamfilter
- Web browser user-agent
- Know when you whois a staff member
- View all data submitted to any of our websites via POST method
Open Backdoor does NOT
- Sniff IRC traffic on our servers
- Share user’s IP address
- Log, spy, or interfere with any channel or private message
- Never asks for your password, and cannot view or retrieve your password (encrypted)
- Does not share your e-mail address
Last revised: July 23, 2023